|Scope & Content
A deed from John Willard to Hermanus P. Schuyler of City and County of Albany. Signed by J. Schoenhoven. The land involved is four lots in the first ward of the city of Albany. Called a "sheep pack" by the donor's father, they were handed down from her grandfather, Jesse Groat Pearse, b. March 25, 1825 in Clifton Park, d. December 26, 1894 in Vischers Ferry. He was a farmer at Fort's Ferry in Clifton Park, owned property along the Mohawk River, later retired to Vischers Ferry. The donor's father was Abram Pearse. The Pearse family were pioneer settlers in the area of Fort's Ferry before the Revolutionary War.