|Scope & Content||
A quit claim deed conveying land from Abigail Lespinear, widow of Anthony, to John Kosie. It is land on the north side of the Mohawk River at Canastagioene, in the southern end of Clifton Park. Was recorded at Albany, Book No. D: folio 168 & 169, July 5, 1700. Lespinear bought the land from Claus Van Kockh. Canastagione is an Indian name meaning "the great corn flats." They were located on both sides of the Mohawk River at Clifton Park.
Called a "sheep pack" by the donor's father, they were handed down from her grandfather, Jesse Groat Pearse, b. March 25, 1825 in Clifton Park, d. December 26, 1894 in Vischers Ferry. He was a farmer at Fort's Ferry in Clifton Park, owned property along the Mohawk River, later retired to Vischers Ferry. The donor's father was Abram Pearse. The Pearse family were pioneer settlers in the area of Fort's Ferry before the Revolutionary War.
|Date||October 9, 1697|
|Dates of Accumulation|
|Dates of Creation||October 9, 1697|